Do not hesitage to give us a call. We are an expert team and we are happy to talk to you.
+998 97 918-57-11
Uzbekistan is endowed with some of the most magnificent buildings of the Islamic world, breath-taking monuments created by ancient rulers in an attempt to ensure their own immortality. Uzbekistan’s past calls out to you from cities such as Samarkand, shimmering under the hot Asian sun, with the gold and turquoise of its intricate tile work. Uzbekistan, holds the architectural gems of Central Asia such as Khiva, as well as the often overlooked capital of Tashkent.
This small group tour takes in the historical highlights of the country’s cities travelling mainly by train and staying in centrally located small hotels. Enjoy guided sightseeing tours of the cities to learn about the country’s history whilst also enjoying some time at leisure to explore independently.
3 Hours Before Flight Time
Departure from Homeland.
Arrival to Tashkent at 16:50. Meeting at the airport by English speaking guide of “SALOM TRAVEL SERVICE” (sign for meeting). Transfer to hotel check in hotel .
DINNER. For dinner you will visit national restaurant `Bek`. You will have different number of choices between national and European dishes.
OVERNIGHT IN TASHKENT
EARLY BREAKFAST IN THE HOTEL. Transfer to the airport at 05.00 and fly by flight HY-1051 at 07:00 and arrival to Urgench at 08:40. Transfer to Khiva (30km). Accommodation at hotel in Khiva.
Sightseeing tour of Khiva:
Visit to the oldest part of the city:
• Around architected Complex Ichan Kala (XII-XIX c.)
• Kunya-Ark fortress (including Castle Khana) inside Ichan Kala. (XVI-XVII cc.)
• Tower “Kalta Minor” which means “short tower” (XIX c.)
• Madrassah Muhammad Amin Khan (1845-1855 )
LUNCH AT THE NATIONAL RESTAURANT NEAR ICHAN KALA which is called “Zarafshan opa”. You will have the opportunity to watch the procedure of making `shivit oshi` (national Khorezmian dish which is made only in Khiva) and then you will have it for lunch. After lunch you will continue the sightseeing tour.
•Juma Mosque with 212 trees and with Minaret which’s height is 32,5 meters (X c.)
•TashKhauli which means “stone yard” (XIX c.)
• “The Mosque Ak” – small mosque located near the gates of Palvan-Darvaza (1838-1842)
• The Memorial of PakhlavanMakhmud – the most cultural center of Ichan Kala (1810-1913 c).
• The Minaret of Islam Khodja (1910) – of “the main Vizir” which means “Prime Minister” during the last Khorezm Khan.
DINNER. In the evening you will visit local “Bir Gumbaz” restaurant where you will also participate in the process of making another national dish “gumma” and then have it for dinner
BREAKFAST IN THE HOTEL. Drive to Bukhara . On the way to Bukhara you can view Kizilkum Desert. On the way we will stop to see the striking panorama of the Amudarya River.
LUNCH. Along the way there is a local cafe “Bagdad cafe”. You will have the opportunity to watch the process of making shashlik (shish kebab) from the lamb and beef and have it for lunch. Continuation of the route to Bukhara.
Arrival in Bukhara. Accommodation at hotel in Bukhara.
FREE TIME AROUND LYABI KHAUZ.
DINNER. In Bukhara for dinner you will visit restaurant “Chinar” and you will be recommended to make and taste one of the national dishes of Uzbek people “Jiz”.
OVERNIGHT IN BUKHARA.
BREAKFAST IN THE HOTEL. Excursion of the city:
• Mausoleum Ismail Samani – the oldest building in the Central Asia (IX-X c.).
• ChashmaiAyyub – according to the legends the Biblical Prophet whose name was Iov (Ayyub) has visited this place.
• Bolo Khauz mosque. The only monument of the mid ages (beginnings of XX c.)
• Ark Citadel – the center of government of Bukhara (IV BC)
LUNCH. For lunch you will visit the restaurant in the countryside which is called “Chor Bakr” where you will have the opportunity to watch the process of making “Tandir kebab” and have it for lunch. “Tandir” is the special stove in Central Asia and India where people make bread, samsa, fatir and other national dishes. All the dishes are made in vapour. “Tandir kebab” is the dish made in “tandir” (made in vapour) from the lamb.
Return to Bukhara and sightseeing tour:
• Minaret Kalian – The main symbol of Bukhara (XII c.).
• Mosque Kalian – the square of this mosque is wider than BibiKhanim Mosque which is in Samarkand.
• Madrassah of Mir Arab – is still in use (XVI c.).
• Tim of Abdulla-Khan.
• Toki Zargaron – Domes of jewelers (XV-XVI c.).
• Madrassah of Ulughbek – the first of the three Madrassah which was built by grandson of Timur (XV c.).
• Lyabi Khauz Ensemble – very famous place for tourists.
DINNER .For dinner we will visit local house – restaurant of Mr Rakhmon. He will show us the process of making national dish Bukharian plov. Every region in Uzbekistan has its own secrets of making plov like in Bukhara people use quail eggs. During the pause you will have the opportunity of watching the works in Suzani (embroidery)workshop.
OVERNIGHT IN BUKHARA.
BREAKFAST IN THE HOTEL. Drive to Samarkand.
LUNCH in Samarkand. You will have one of the most delicious dishes of Uzbek people “samsa” which is made from meat of any kind.
Accommodation at the hotel.
Sightseeing tour of Samarkand:
• Gur-Emir mausoleum – the burial place of the Great Amir Temur and his dynasty (XIV-XV c.).
• Reghistan square – the main square of Samarkand. It consists of Madrassah Ulugbek (XV c.), Madrassah Sherdor (XVII c.) and MadrassahTillaKori) (XVII c.).
DINNER. You will visit national house and participate in the process of making “manti” and taste it. Manti came to Central Asia from China through The Great Silk Road. OVERNIGHT IN SAMARKAND.
BREAKFAST IN THE HOTEL. Sightseeing tour of Samarkand:
• Shakhi-Zinda necropolises – which means “Alive King” (XI-XII c.). Burial place of Kusam ibn Abbas – cousin of prophet Muhkammad (s.a.v.)}
• Bibi Khanum mosque – was named for the honour of the eldest wife of Great Timur (XIV c.).
• Siyab local bazaar – taste the best breads and fruits of Samarkand.
FREE TIME in local Market (Bazaar) till 13h:00
LUNCH AT THE NATIONAL RESTAURANT. You will taste famous Caucasian kebab (in Uzbek shashlik).
After lunch you will visit the bakery and see how the famous bread of Samarkand is made. Samarkand bread is considered the best in Central Asia. In the earliest times the rulers of other districts of Central Asia attempted to make it in their places but couldn`t. so Samarkand bread can be baked only in Samarkand.
Transfer to the railway station of Samarkand at 16h:00 and departure to Tashkent at 17h:00 with high speed train “Afrosiob” and arrival in Tashkent at 19h:10.
DINNER. For dinner you will have fried chicken in the restaurant.
OVERNIGHT IN TASHKENT.
BREAKFAST IN THE HOTEL. Sightseeing tour of Tashkent:
• Broadway of Amir Timur.
• Independence Square.
• Architectural Complex Hazrati Imam – including the tomb of Imam Abu Bakr Muhammad-El-KaffalShashi who was one of the first imams of Muslims. (XVI c.).
• MadrassahTilla Sheykh, the second name “Khasti Imam Mosque” where the oldest book “Karan” is being kept (VII c.).
LUNCH in the most famous “Center palov” in Tashkent. We can participate and see the process of making Tashkent palov in the kazan (casserole) of 200 liters. There are 8 of such kazans. Such amount of palov is made in the weddings in Uzbekistan. The taste differs from that of Bukhara palov.
Transfer to Tashkent International airport at –h:–. Departure to Homeland.